Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 29 - The Ongoing Search....

To begin with, I must catch myself up. First of all, I offer my sincerest apologies that it has been so long since I last wrote. Only having internet access on occasion does put a bit of a damper on one's attempt at blogging daily, or even every other day. I think from here on out I will write blogs on a regular basis, then when I have internet access, post them at once, of course listing their separate dates. That will at least get me in the habit of writing.
Second of all, I must again apologize, this time for misquoting Robert Frost, on the difference between an "e" and a "u". Compliments of my perceptive (former) roommate , I have discovered the misspelling of the word "diverged". My sincerest apologies, Mr. Frost.
And now, to other matters. Since my last post, I have attempted to carry on (quite unsuccessfully) a battle against a job market that is proving to be a stubborn opponent. I find myself descending upon a $10,000 deadline in thirty-four days, twelve hours, and forty-two minutes, as of right now. One third of that has been met with scholarship money; however, I now must make precisely $200 per day to reach this goal. Should you, my reader, have any suggestions as to where I might find additional scholarship money, and also being of generous spirit, you might choose to leave a comment, which would, naturally, be very much appreciated.
I do, however, have one advantage over so many other hunters in a market determined to crush them; that is, I am fully confident in the One who has my back. He has promised to meet my needs, and is not One to be easily turned aside from that which He has committed to. My prayer is, naturally, "I believe, heal my unbelief."
I do want to offer a few tips on one point. I have spent a good deal of time investigating alternate money-making opportunities, i.e. - work-from-home options. While clearly not by any means an expert on the field, I have determined to carefully examine the risk of any venture advertised online and thus, hopefully, avoid falling prey to the coutless scams available for your delight. A few key points stand out to me as being a reasonable defence against those seeking to drain your bank account's life-blood. For starters, as anyone who spends any time researching online will tell you, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. A few other things that raise red flags for me are as follows: a claim by a website to be the exclusive provider of a service or program (if someone truly developed a new system, program, etc, wouldn't they keep it to themselves to get as far ahead of the market as possible before someone else copied the idea and evened out the odds?); when site authors claim they should be charging thousands for their offering, while charging only a small fee (while wanting to help others improve in some way is a valid desire, this is more often than not a clever marketing scheme to convince the potential buyer the product is a great deal); and anything stinking of a pyramid scheme, such as envelope-stuffing or acting as a "mercenary salesperson" for a company (like Amway). While not all of these are necessarily scams, as that term is commonly defined, any "exclusive" content can probably be found out there for free (perhaps not as easily found, but still free), and pyramid schemes make a handful of people at the top wealthy, while leaving everyone else involved scrambling to make a few extra bucks. I would advise, if investigating a possible opportunity, researching online forums, to see what others who have used the system/program/product say about their experiences. This is not fail-safe, and should be supplimented with deeper research, but it's a starting point. One final warning: I did stumble across a site called the "Federal Job Bureau" that looked official, but since it is a .com rather than .gov site, I would hesitate to trust it. "Federal" doesn't necessarily mean it is government regulated. In closing, do your homework (what we call "due diligence"), and you should be fine.
Well, that's about it for now. Back to job and scholarship research....

No comments:

Post a Comment